With all the buzz happening here with the growing popularity of The Great British Sewing Bee, today’s 10 of the Best is all about sewing boxes. Vintage ones, pretty ones, retro ones…..here are the ten best ones available to buy RIGHT NOW!!!
1. This wooden sewing box is so pretty with handpainted images on the top and sides. It reminds me of Caro Nan handbags…..
2. On a similar theme this handpainted wooden box is great with separate drawers for all your needles and pins.
3. This Danish number is a real eye turner. Not cheap, but oh so stylish!
4. We love these 1960s sewing boxes that double up as footstools.
5. We would love this one as it’s ours! A table top sewing box in bright red plastic wicker from the early 1960s.
6. We have had a few of these through our shop; we love the splayed leg styling of this sewing box.
7. Love the lining in this plastic box on long screw on legs….it adds a real sense of glamour to your sewing!
8. These plastic sewing boxes look like stools….we love the space age feel to them. This one has a great orange lid too!
9. No list would be complete without the classic cantilever wooden box. This table top version is cute for storing anything in even your jewels!
10. Let’s end with a modern one from John Lewis. This is so fun and would make great storage for a little girl!