As we enter October, the nights are drawing in, the heating is on and all of a sudden all we want to do in the evenings is get comfortable and cosy, chill out and eat heartily! This weeks Ten of the Best is on the best ways to do that in a vintage style – all available on line now…
1. Whether its tea, coffee or hot chocolate, drink it in a lovely ‘just for you’ cup and saucer set. This Poole tea tray for one is adorable and a great excuse for not sharing!
2. Once on the sofa a cosy mohair throw is just divine to snuggle up with. Wrap yourself up and get a great movie on to watch.
3. During the colder months my mantra is – UGGs off, slippers on the minute I get home! Might as well make then UGG slippers too 🙂
4. Spice up your evenings meals with a Tagine. These are a great way to make winter meals and for centuries, North African cuisine has relied upon this unusual-looking cooking pot, whose lid ensures steam cools and re-condenses into the food below, to create meltingly tender casseroles, while the slow cooking develops all those wonderful flavours for a truly exotic taste experience.
5. Cosy nights in would not be complete without a great book to read and disappear into, there is some great new fiction out there but we love reading a classic vintage book with a beautiful old cover…. Oxfam has a great selection of vintage books on line and you get to give to a great cause too – Little Women (and its sequel Good Wives) by Louisa May Alcott is always a wonderful read.
6. During the chilly months we have to admit to loving a hot water bottle! Get a gorgeous vintage fabric patchwork cover for your from Etsy. Don’t judge us (and its eco friendly too!)
7. Curl up, get cosy and enjoy some quiet time in a beautiful armchair. This reupholstered 1950’s Danish Armchair by Johannes Andersen is fabulous.
9. If you’re lucky enough to have a fireplace get that fire going and use these toasting fork sets from RE – choose from toast, crumpet and marshmallow versions – we suggest all three!
10. Or if you don’t have a fireplace (like me) this little DVD will have to suffice – sadly it wont toast marshmallows….
Keep warm this week in style and enjoy the changing seasons as Autumn goes far too quickly – next stop its Halloween, Guy Fawkes and then…*whispers* Christmas! Tweet us your own cosy vintage night in ideas to share with our followers.
I nice design help us to have a more warm sensation