So, its party season. What are you wearing? For vintage lovers this is a chance to get all dressed up and truly embrace the vintage look. Day to day vintage can sometimes feel a little dressy but when you’re at a party? Well the sky’s the limit! All items available on line now…
1. They say that shoes makes the outfit and here at YVL we are believers in that – so lets start there! Although we love vintage, genuine vintage shoes are hard to find depending on your shoe size and often have not lasted that well. Go for a fabulous vintage inspired shoe instead – we love Miss L Fire – in fact our director Kate wore a gorgeous red pair on her wedding day. Go for sky high heels with the aptly named Cinderella. Available in 4 colours including clear – you really can have your own glass slipper.
2. Bright red lips makes a Christmas look and Chanel is one of the most iconic make-up brands. It may cost £25.00 – but every time you get Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour out of your handbag you just feel so special. We love number 104 – Passion.
3. A beaded evening bag adds sparkle to any Christmas ensemble. We love this 1930’s beaded beauty – it just oozes glamour and makes us want to paaarrrty!
4. Velvet works perfectly at Christmas and this 1970’s velvet mini dress is adorable. Team it with opaque tights and heels to a cute yet sexy vintage look.
5. A cape or wrap is a necessity to wear with your LBD while its so cold – plus you’ll feel a million dollars. There’s something about a fake fur cape or stole that makes us feel all Marilyn Monroe…
6. There’s something so dashing about a man in a Tuxedo jacket. Channel the movie star look with a vintage tuxedo jacket and get to be James Bond for the night.
7. Not a lot of people know that John Lewis has a great vintage jewellery selection. Its available in stores and also online. This Eclectica 1980s necklace would make any outfit look amazing!
8. Back to the guys and a great way to make an outfit look special is to add a cravat. Once the domain of out of work actors and elderly uncles, now its a key look – just check out the hipsters Shoreditch! We think they look great – smart is ALWAYS sexy in our opinion.
9. Top off your outfit with a dramatic feather headpiece – after all if you cant be glamorous at Christmas when can you? Purple as a colour always looks great at Christmas and would work well with black and metallic coloured dresses. Its a real show-stopper!
10. And finally after a night of partying what do you need (apart from aspirin and a pint of water)? You need some flat shoes to walk home (we’ve done it far too many times barefoot and freezing!) A fold up set that go in your handbag are a lifesaver – plus they’re still so pretty looking. You’ll thanks us, we guarantee it.
Enjoy the party season, get yourselves glammed up and feel free to tweet us your looks – we love to see what you’re wearing and how.