Easter, apart from being an important religious holiday, is traditionally a time for friends, family, gifts and food. Get your vintage shopping fix this Spring with 5 buys we at Your Vintage Life think any vintage lover will adore! All available on line now…
1. You can’t have Easter without eggs! Whether they’re chocolate or real, a vintage egg cup is perfect. This gorgeous silver plated vintage example is almost too good to use! Use it in your Easter decorations, eat your eggs from it or have it out all year in your kitchen.
2. We all love watching a great musical on a Bank holiday weekend. This weekend it has to be ‘Easter Parade’ starring Fred Astaire and Judy Garland. A true 1940’s vintage classic with music by Irvin Berlin – treat yourself to the DVD or BluRay and sit back and revel in the golden age of musicals…
3. Put on your Easter bonnet…well a gorgeous vintage hat at least! Try a 1950’s style for feminine sophistication – pastels are rocking our world this Spring and this 50’s pink hat with birdcage veil is adorable.
4. The Easter bunny…a rare creature whose sole job it is to deliver chocolate. We like the sound of him (or her!) a lot!!! Add to your Easter look with a rabbit themed ornament. Invest in a collectable such as one of the Royal Doulton ‘Bunnykins’ range and you have something that’s pretty to look and, collectable and well priced. It is still in production so new pieces can be bought at places such as Debenhams and John Lewis or look for a vintage piece as they date from 1934. We’ve fallen a bit in love with this little fellow.
5. A Bible is something that can be passed down from generation to generation and biblical items can be the perfect gift for a religious holiday such as Easter. Look our for children’s bibles and stylised versions from different eras as well as Bible themed games and even Biblical Fuzzy Felt!
Happy Easter to you all. Enjoy your celebrations and enjoy your vintage!
Written by Sarah Gorlov