It’s good old Valentines Day on Friday (if you’d forgotten, get on it now!) and last week we blogged some great Valentines gifts for vintage lovers who wanted to embrace the day. This week we keep the theme of romance and show you 5 great buys that are red…the colour of course, of love! All are available online now.
1. A retro telephone is a fantastic addition to any home. Seek out a refurbished version or buy a new version such as this GPO 1970’s classic retro telephone, a veritable British design classic, brought up to date with modern technology to ensure they work on any standard home telephone line.
2. A piece of vintage art glass makes a design statement in any home. Vintage red Italian glass can be sourced quite easily and the fluid form looks as modern now as it did in the 1960’s. Stunning!
3. A red vintage dress is always a knockout piece in your wardrobe and this vintage day dress is no exception. Simple, wearable and bright it will become a staple your wardrobe.
4. For a real stand out item in your home a coloured Smeg fridge or fridge freezer is a must have. We at YVL have the orange versions but a red version would be fabulous too! Plus its rated an excellent A++ for energy efficiency so its a winner for style and substance…
5. Everyone needs a bit of fizz in their life and this metal soda syphon is a blast from the past we love! Get the glasses ready, embrace the Mad Men lifestyle and fizz up every drink you can think of.
So whether or not you are into Valentines day this week embrace the colour red…it looks great whether you are wearing it or as a feature in your home and will definitely get people noticing you!
Written by Sarah Gorlov