Are you looking to spruce up the exterior of your home? From choosing colours that match your style and personality to creating a palette that is eye-catching and unique, there are so many ways to make your house stand out. I shared an Instagram post a few days ago of my favourite orange house which I knew you all loved. Here, we share some of the top trendy colour ideas and combinations for your home’s exterior. Read on to find the perfect scheme for you!
#1: Pairing Neutral Tones
One of the most popular trendy colour ideas in recent years is pairing neutral tones with bold accents. This look can be achieved by using muted shades such as taupe, grey, or beige for the main body of your home. You can then add pops of colour with shutters or frames in a darker shade or even add a bolder colour to your front door. This look creates an inviting and sophisticated curb appeal.
- Taupe body + Light Grey shutters + Deep Red door: This combination gives off a modern and chic look.
- Beige body + Dark Grey shutters + Purple door: This mix of light and dark shades creates an interesting visual effect.
- Grey body + Taupe shutters + Navy door: Rich and classic, this combo will never go out of style.
#2: A Palette of Monochromatic Shades
Another way to make your home’s exterior stand out is by using a monochromatic palette of different shades in the same colour family. This look creates a harmonious effect that is both stylish and timeless.
- Light Grey body + Steel Grey shutters + Charcoal Grey door: Silvery tones are very popular right now and give off an elegant vibe.
- Beige body + Cream shutters + Tan door: A great choice for those looking to add some warmth to their exterior.
- Navy Blue body + Slate Blue shutters + Light Blue door: When done right, this trio of colors can create a serene and inviting atmosphere.
#3: Contrasting Colours
If you’re looking to make a statement for your home’s exterior, then pairing bold contrasting colours is the way to go. This look creates an eye-catching visual and makes your home stand out from the rest. Achieve making that statement possible with Groovy Hues and their unique colour combinations. With their experienced professionals, you are able to ask them for advice on how to make sure that your home’s paint will be looking its best when everything is done.
- White body + Forest Green shutters + Mustard door: A classic combination that will never go out of style.
- Grey body + Sunny Yellow shutters + Dark Purple door: Perfect for those who want to add some drama and excitement to their exterior.
- Beige body + Red shutters + Turquoise door: A modern and playful combination that adds a lot of fun to the outside of your home.
#4: Accenting with Neutrals
If you’re looking for a more subtle look for your home’s exterior, then you can opt to accent with neutrals. This means choosing one neutral colour for the majority of your home while pairing it with shutters or doors in a different shade.
- White body + Light Grey shutters + Charcoal door: A timeless combination that will always look chic and polished.
- Beige body + Taupe shutters + Dark Brown door: If you’re going for a rustic style, this is a great choice.
- Grey body + Cream shutters + Navy Blue door: The perfect combination if you want to add some sophistication to your exterior.
#5: Bold Colour Blocking
If you’re looking for a bold and unique look, then color blocking is the way to go. This involves using different colors for each section of your home in order to create an exciting and eye-catching palette.
- White body + Black shutters + Navy door: A great choice if you want to add some contrast and drama to your exterior.
- Beige body + Forest Green shutters + Bright Yellow door: This combination adds a lot of fun and energy to the outside of your home.
- Grey body + Red shutters + Teal door: Another great option if you’re looking to make a statement with your exterior colors.
Knowing these trendy colour ideas and combinations makes it easier to create a unique and beautiful exterior for your home. So go ahead, experiment with color, and have fun! And remember, you can always consult a professional if you’re ever unsure about what colours to use or how to put them together.
This is a collaborative post