Mothering Sunday, sometimes known as Mother’s Day, is held on the fourth Sunday of Lent exactly three weeks before Easter Sunday and this years falls next Sunday – the 30th. Mothers day is now a celebration of motherhood, honouring mothers, motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. In todays blog we show you five gifts that would make any vintage loving mums days. All available online now.
1. Does she love a cup of tea? How about buying her a handmade fragranced candle in a pretty vintage tea cup? Etsy has a huge selection from willow pattern, to 60’s retro, pressed glass to pretty floral designs. Pick one that will match her décor and you get a lovely present that will last a lot longer than a drink of tea!
2. If she loves to accessorise, you cant go wrong with vintage jewellery. Look for updated vintage pieces such as the jewellery at Eclectic Eccentricity – we love this updated Amazonite cabochon flower necklace. You get a vintage piece that works with modern styling.
3. Does she love baking? Was obsessed with the Great British Bake Off? A fabulous looking vintage cake stand would be just the ticket then – maybe give it to her loaded with Mothers Day cupcakes?
4. Does she have lots of Polaroid’s from your childhood doing nothing in a drawer? Get her favourite one put onto a canvas with a personalised title. A wonderful gift sure to make her well up…
5. Are books her thing? Treat her to a wonderful time at the Hay Festival which runs between the 22nd May to the 1st June at Hay-on-Wye, Hereford. See talks, book readings and signings with Stephen Fry, Judi Dench, Toni Morrison, Joan Bakewell, Julia Donaldson, Arianna Huffington, Jennifer Saunders and Jacqueline Wilson to name a few. Eat, drink, shop and revel in the wonderful literary atmosphere.
Hopefully this will give you some inspiration for give a gift she’ll just love and we at Your Vintage Life hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day whatever you are doing!
Written by Sarah Gorlov
Have you heard about our new venture VintageBizClub? It is a year long distance learning version of our popular Vintage Academy, broken into 4 terms of 12 weeks that covers all (and more) that your would learn at our one day events.
We have a scholarship to give away. All you have to do to apply for this scholarship is email us as firstname.lastname@example.org tellingl us about yourself, why you would love to win a place at our club, how you would benefit and how it could change your business!
Please label the email VintageBizClub Scholarship. Remember to share your website address, social pages and anything relevent to help your application. We will choose the worthy winner on Monday 7th April and announce it at #vintagebizhour on Twitter 9-10pm.
So want to join our club? Find our more on the website and if you have any questions, ask away!