Well, it appears the British summer has finally arrived and I for one just love being able to dine al fresco! As the light balmy evenings continue, this weeks top 10 is on the best ways to dine outside with a vintage vibe…all available to buy online now!
1. You can’t dine outside without a good table and chairs and this one from John Lewis ticks all the boxes – mix up the coloured chairs for a eclectic look! It might not be vintage but looks great and will last forever.
2. Melamine cups and plates are great for dining outdoors – there so many lovely vintage designs from the 50’s and 60’s to choose from – brightly coloured sets always work well.
3. One of the joys of dining outside is you can have more fun with the accessories you use. We love these adorable lemon side plates for salads and snacks.
4. A great evening needs a few drinks. A big jug of Pimms is always a perfect accompaniment especially when served in a great glass jug – what about this cheeky little number? Ooh la la!
5. A few drinks would not be complete without a brightly coloured tray and coasters – a bright turquoise works perfectly in the summer.
6. A set of cute glasses for iced drinks are a necessity – I love the fact these vintage ones come in their original box too.
7. Floor cushions are great to create a relaxed vibe and these ones made using vintage Saris look just the part.
8. A 1970’s retro parasol always looks great and reminds me of childhood summers gone by.
9. As the sun goes down create some light in the garden with glass tea-light holders – using vintage sundae dishes or glasses can look great.
10. So now you’ve created that perfect al fresco dining experience there’s just one final thing you need to keep the evening fun…yes, you’ve guessed it – Twister!!! Have fun.
Sarah Gorlov is the owner of creative consultancy Blue Sky VM and is a stylist, blogger, vintage lover and charity shop addict.