Yesterday I made my first Easter wreath and it was so simple yet really cute, don’t you think?
- A polystyrene ring from Hobbycraft
- Pins to fasten
- Vintage lace doilies and tray covers
- Broken vintage jewellery
- Vintage buttons
- Silk and paper flowers
- Easter bits and bobs from a craft shop such as eggs and chicks. I got the mini eggs from Poundland.
1. Cover the ring with bits of lace of linen. I pinned these into place loosely as I wanted some of the edges to lift up to give depth.
2. Pin everything into place! I chose to pin rather than glue as it gives flexibility for the future and I can then also use the ring again for another project. Close up of course you can see them, but from afar noone will know it wasnt glued! You could also add broken vintage brooches, printed Easter cards (not the real thing) and fresh flowers!
That’s it. I told you it was simple!! I bought one large birds nest and cut it down into smaller ones but you could use actual twigs to save money. The wooden bunnies are vintage and come from a set I’ve had for years.