Here’s what has been rocking my world in this week’s Vintage Edit.
1. Possibly the best modern platform shoe I have seen of late and perfect for wearing with your 1970s flares. Designed by Orla Kiely and sold through Clarks.
2. I have fallen in love with the 1950s elegant feel of this Lisha dress from Monsoon. So much so I have bought it to wear at my sister’s wedding in Cyprus this May. It fits beautifully and the colour is so pretty.
3. I couldn’t resist these original 1960s vintage lucite bow hair clips from Lovelys Vintage, in fact I bought the green one! It arrived so quickly, beautiful gift wrapped with some sweets attached…what’s not to love!
4. Issue 2 of In Retrospect magazine arrived through the door, with a kitchen article written by yours truly. It is full of interesting articles on design, fashion and more so well worth a read.
5. I love this retro 1980s porcupine pen holder with rubber tail and sharpener nose in bright red plastic. I ordered it via Facebook from Vintage Mischief without any clear purpose of how or where it would be used. It now will be given to my son for his 7th birthday this weekend as it goes with his room perfectly.