Whether its vintage or not, its time to embrace the best singing competition on TV (maybe)…all items available on line now –
1. To embrace the glamour of the show dressing up is definitely the thing and if you’re watching before going out for the night its even better. The female judges always dress to impress (and the guys don’t look to bad either!) so a glitzy evening dress is perfect. This 1970’s one is gorgeous – I’m so ready to walk down those stage stairs in this –
2. A Saturday night in with the X factor is best when the drinks are flowing, so make them look the part with this retro drinks set. How about a game – whenever you hear the words “You could win this competition” or “You made that song your own” you have to down a shot?
3. Drinks need snacks so make them look great on the coffee table with this retro snack pot set – we love the bright colours and it stacks inside itself when not in use…perfect!
4. There’s no show without singing so how about joining in? Karaoke is great fun whether you can sing or not and one the drink is flowing who cares anyway? This fun little machine has to be the way to go…
5. Judge Gary Barlow’s Take That was once the thing of all girls dreams…dolls, t-shirts, duvet covers – you name it Take That were on it! Now we know there’s a bit of debate about if the 1990’s can be classed as vintage but we think of them as retro and this *ahem* lovely necklace is a great reminder of those days of our youth! You never know it may turn into a collectors item.
6. X Factor is sponsored by Pepsi and a vintage Pepsi machine is a dream buy but not so practical in a modern home. How about a fabulous vintage advertising thermometer? – we think this would look amazing in a kitchen…
8. Now, when you get your big break you need to be ready. This 1950’s manual is all you will need.
9. If you’ve got kids, its fun to get them involved – after all everyone likes a good sing. Who knows with this kids t- shirt they may get famous and keep you in vintage style in a few years time!
10. When you think of the show you can’t help but think of the much missed Mr Nasty. To complete that X Factor at home experience, how about a Simon Cowell cardboard cut out? I’m not sure how I lived without this in my life – come on, who know you want one…
Enjoy becoming a vintage loving star this week!