We are definitely animal lovers at Your Vintage Life. However, it is sometimes hard to find great products for your pets that fit in with a vintage loving home – no ugly modern plastic pet baskets for us! When shopping for vintage inspired products you can’t forget the smallest family member and today we showcase five fantastic vintage themed buys from fabulous online retailer Pets Pyjamas. We hope you love their products as much as we do… All are available on line now.
1. It’s easy to fall for Eilidh Campbell’s My Dawg range. Based in South Uist in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland, one of only four islands allowed to produce Harris Tweed; we just love this handmade grey herringbone Harris tweed collar and lead.
2. Where is your pet sleeping? If you want to go true vintage how about investing in a upcycled pet bed? Designed by Jo Berryman the celebrity interior designer, this adorable limited edition bed has been hand crafted from a 1960s vintage suitcase.
For a more modernist look we adore this Bubble Bed by B.Pet – its available in a rainbow of different colours but you know how much we love orange! Any small dog or cat is going to look like a bond villain in this!
3. Its lovely to continue the vintage theming into your garden and also give some shelter to wild animals too. We love to sit watching the birds in ours and these bird houses by Garden Bazaar are some of the best we’ve ever seen. The hardest part is deciding which one to go for!
4. Style and craftsmanship are fused with natural materials to create these gorgeous wooden dog bowls. Made from plantation grown, renewable Acacia wood, with removable liners, no two pieces are alike and they would look fabulous in any vintage loving home. Its a shopping no brainer!
5. We are not lovers of novelty pet outfits but there’s something about a doggy bow tie we just love. As it’s a collar it no more for you dog to wear and just will make everyone smile. These made to order collars from Miss Bow Tie come in lots of different designs for all tastes – we are crushing on the paisley design.
As well as some great shopping, the website also has lots of information on pet friendly holidays and pet services such as dog walkers, Groomers and Kennnels and Catteries as well as a fabulous magazine blog. We think any vintage fan with a pet should make themselves familiar with Pets Pyjamas via their ‘social petwork’ asap!
Written by Sarah Gorlov