Now we are in February, it’s not long until Valentines day. Love it, loathe it or consider it a cliché, we at YVL think its got to be a good thing to tell the important people in your life that you love them. All the items featured in today’s blog are available online now with plenty of time to get them by Valentines Day!
1. You can’t celebrate Valentines without a card…and they did the most amazing cards (mainly in postcard form) in times gone by. Give a vintage card as a gift and its not just a card – its a present as well as some are so lovely they can be framed. There are lots of reproduction images on postcards from website such as Zazzle that can be framed or go all out and find a beautiful original one.
2. So hopefully your January diet is over and you’re ready to embrace some Valentines chocolates! For a great novelty gift, personalise M&M’s with photos, images, words and names and pick from 15 colours. Package them up in one of their gift packs such as the love casket as seen here. There’s something retro cool about M&M’s we just love, plus you’ll get to share them too…win, win!
3. How about a beautiful vintage vase for those flowers you might receive? Receiving a bouquet of flowers is wonderful but vintage glass lasts a lifetime! We love the lines of Scandinavian glass and a vase like this would look great alone or grouped with others.
4. A simple snuggle on the sofa can be one of the most romantic things and a few cushions scattered around makes for a comfy yet cute look. This Etsy love logo cushion in burlap fabric looks great and could be out all year long.
5. There’s nothing better than cooking the one you love a steak dinner for Valentines (or a sliced Portabello mushroom for vegetarians) and a vintage beefeater steak plate is a great gift for lovers of retro and practical too. Light those candles, raise a glass of bubbly and enjoy!
Enjoy this years Valentines day, share your feelings with the ones you love whether they be lovers, family or great friends.
Written by Sarah Gorlov