Its May, the sun is shining (mostly) and all of a sudden our gardens have become appealing again. There is nothing we at Your Vintage Life like better than getting out into the fresh air of our garden, eating al fresco, playing with the kids or just chilling there when we can. So how can you make that space reflect your vintage style? With some vintage shopping of course! All items available on-line now.
1. Plant pots are key to making your garden bloom. Look for vintage pots of different sizes, chimney pots or even Victorian loos from reclamation yards or use vintage tin baths, buckets and trugs. We love these vintage chimney pots from Leominster Reclamation.
2. Make your garden look magical withan adorable fairy door. Add to the bottom of a tree or against a garden wall for a great piece of garden decor. We just love this so much!
3. A vintage galvanised watering can is not just green and practical, it also looks great within your garden. Hang it on an outside wall, near your water source on a vintage hook to double as garden decor.
4. When the sun’s shining there nothing better than laying back on a great garden lounger. Pick a style that will stand the test of time such as this classic design. We’re already dreamimg of being on deck of an amazing cruise ship, drink in hand…
5. Add a vintage style bird feeder to your garden and watch the birds flock in. We love this pretty hanging version with a copper roof. Add to a tree or mount a hanging basket bracket to an outdoor wall.
Hopefully that has inspired you to enjoy your vintage styled garden this summer! Fill it with decoration, flowers, fun and laughter – I know we will :-). If you have a wonderful garden share some photos with us – we love to share great vintage homes with our followers.
Written by Sarah Gorlov