I love to fill my home with vintage items, whether it be home wares, books, records or clothes. When I wrote my book and added a chapter on the 1980s, many die hard vintage fans were shocked. The 1980s? Vintage? (hey I even included the early 1990s!!)
So to back up my love of all decades, for their design, their social history, their impact on our homes…here are my 10 favourite 1980s items I have right now in my home.
10. My (well my son’s) robot collection
9. My Angelpoise lamp
8. My (well my daughters) tree house
7.My bright pink leather satchel
6. My Design Centre ceramic Marmite jar
5. My polka dot pleated dress and gold belt
4. My Pierre Cardin luggage
3. My advertising milk bottles
2. My Mary Quant tin which was made in association with my parents!
1. My telephones; the lips, Mickey Mouse, Genie… Sorry I can’t possibly choose 1!
What do you think? Have I convinced you that the 1980s was cool?